Plastics 2000 - KYDEX Sheet - 0.060" Thick, Black, 12" x 12", 2 PACK
Plastics 2000 - KYDEX Sheet - 0.060'' Thick, Black, 12'' x 12'', 2 PACK by Plastics 2000 at FH Civic. MPN: P2K-KYDEX-060-12x12-52114-2P. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. KYDEX KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with
KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermoforming sheets, KYDEX sheet has unusually high resistance to hot tearing.
- Oven temperatures should be set differently than the settings used for ABS or FR-ABS.
- Typical heater settings (percentage timers) are 30% - 50% top heaters and 50% - 70% bottom heaters.
- The most frequent problem is trying to heat the sheet too quickly, particularly on the primary surface.
- Cycle times will vary depending on the oven conditions and grade of KYDEX sheet being formed.
- When forming KYDEX sheet, it is better to rely on the sheet appearance during heating than on fixed cycle times.
- Forming temperatures - Guidelines: (Sheet should not exceed 204°C (400°F).
165 - 177°C (330 - 350°F) for < 1.50mm (0.060").
182 - 196°C (360 - 385°F) for 1.50mm to 3.20mm (0.060" to 0.125").
196 - 204°C (385 - 400°F) for > 3.20mm (0.125")
- Ideally the core sheet temperature should be within 10°F of the surface temperature.
Sheet Appearance During Heating
As KYDEX sheet is heated, the inherent stresses in the sheet will relax.
• Stage I: The heating is marked by wide undulations and softening.
• Stage II: The material will start to form small ripples (known as oil canning). .
• Stage III: The material will start to smooth out and sag (KYDEX sheet will generally sag less than other thermoplastics due to its high melt strength. .
• Stage IV: The ripples will have smoothed out indicating that most stresses have been removed. 10 to 30 seconds afterwards the sheet is ready to form.
Features & Highlights
- Higher breakage resistance than competitive thermoplastics as measured by the Notched Izod test
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi)
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics
- Great for knife sheaths and gun holsters
- Made in USA
|Item Size:||12 x 0.06 x 0.06 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.5 x 0.3 x 0.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Plastics 2000, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: CH01-M2-P10, ean: 0782123750061,
We are Manufacture, True Quality with professional, buy with confidence! Specifications Configuration: U-Shape Max. LED Strip Width:12mm Channel: Extruded aluminum Cover: Milky PC Length: 10x2m/6.6ft segments (20m total) Package includes: ...
By Small Parts
When you need a good, standard solid rubber material for various applications, our general purpose rubber is the perfect product for the job. It is an affordable, durable rubber sheet for use in everyday applications. These reliable vulcanized rubber...
mpn: A4P20X30, ean: 7290110152161,
High Contrast Linear Polarizing Film featuring excellent extinction ratio and high transmission. Ideal for a range of imaging applications, teaching experiments and more. Available in sheets, can be easily cut with scissors to fit any application nee...
By Plastics 2000
KYDEX KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermofor...
mpn: 12x12x1/2, ean: 0783583151191,
SourceOne- Plastic Business Products & Office Supplies We offer the BEST selection of Ad Frames, Brochure Holders, Sign Holders, Easels, Donation Boxes, Mouse Bridges, Organizers, Book Holders for Exercise Machines and much more Businesses and pr...
By Bruntfield Goods
1 Kilogram is equal to roughly 2.2 pounds. Bismuth is a chemical element with the symbol Bi and the atomic number 83. It is often used as a lead replacement. This metal is Ideal for making beautiful Bismuth Crystals99.99% Pure Bismuth. Great Lead Rep...
mpn: BCBI8014, ean: 0620150131890,
40 grams of 99.99% pure gallium metal from Luciteria Science. Gallium melts at just 86 degrees Fahrenheit which means it can melt in your hand or when the weather gets hot. Gallium is nontoxic. If you accidentally get it on the carpet it can be easil...
Metal Made Easy offers a wide variety of ready to use steel rectangles, rounds, and gussets (triangles). For added convenience we also carry pre-drilled base plates....
Protect valuable tools, dampen sound, or weatherproof your home with this versatile Soft/Medium Neoprene Rubber Roll by XCEL. This rubber roll makes an ideal liner for tool chest drawers or file cabinets, and can be cut to make replacement gaskets fo...
mpn: ZDS, ean: 7129984758257,
Safely cover a doorway with zippers already installed in under a minute. Saves hours on jobs with lots of doors. Attaches to door frames with double-sided ZipWall Tape - firmly holds plastic on one side, gentle on surfaces on the other. Allows re-pos...